Mike Etherington Smith, Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event Cross Country Course Designer, joins us to talk about what he has in store for Rolex and the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. Plus, the outstanding young rider Jennie Brannigan shares what it is like to get ready for her first international 3 star event. Listen in…
Eventing Radio Episode 8 – Show Notes and Links:
- The first winner of the Eventing Trivia Contest for February was Cassidy Sitton of Raleigh, NC. Congrats to Cassidy!
- Be sure to enter to win March’s Eventing Giveaway! We have two great prizes you can win and this month there is no trivia – just register to win. The first prize is a Toklat Wither Relief Pad donated by KBC Horse Supplies, the source for all your horse’s needs. The second item is a six month supply of palaMOUNTAINS Equine donated by palaMOUNTAINS, providing Nutritional Science for Animals.
- It looks like the North American World Cup Qualifier will be held this year at The Event at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell, Montana on July 23-26, 2009.
- We thank Kentucky Performance Products for their support of the Eventing Radio Show. Neigh-Lox, the original equine antacid is recommended by veterinarians and leading horsemen as a way of maintaining a healthy stomach which reduces the risk of ulcers. Neigh-Lox can be given daily to horses exposed to stressful conditions or as needed when shipping, competing or during stall confinement.
- The Red Hills International Horse Trials announced last week that Hugh Lochore, FEI “I” CD, will become the course designer for Red Hills 2010.
- Cosequin to Sponsor Stuart Horse Trials. Cosequin® of Nutramax Laboratories will be the naming sponsor of the 20th Annual Cosequin® Stuart Horse Trials and CIC** which will run July 16-19, 2009 in Victor, NY. SmartPak will be the presenting sponsor.
- Due to the current economic conditions The Fork is limiting entries to 275 for the Outdoor Heritage/CIC3* event April 2 – 5 and 250 for the Horse Trial weekend April 10 – 12. and suggests that riders get their entries in as soon as possible.
- Britain’s Zara Phillips was left “close to tears” after her handbag was stolen. Thieves broke into a Range Rover belonging to the 27-year-old royal – the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth – in West London last Thursday (26.02.09), and fled with the bag containing jewellery, money and Zara’s passport.
- Kentucky Children’s Hospital needs volunteers during Rolex – opportunities are available April 21-26. For more information and if you would like to volunteer, e-mail Anne Johnson – email@example.com, 2009 Rolex Volunteer Coordinator, Kentucky Children’s Hospital, or call (859) 323-8091.
- British Eventing has appointed Mike Barnes to its newly created position of Commercial & Marketing Director to drive the organization’s commercial and branding activities.
- Thank you to Mike Etherington Smith, CEO of British Eventing, for joining us this week.
- Also, it was nice of Jennie Brannigan to come on the show and speak about her international debut.
- Thank you palaMOUNTAINS for your support. palaMOUNTAINS Equine delivers a precise combination of vitamins and nutrients in a liquid oil emulsion. It is rich in anti-inflammatory Omega-3 fatty acids and has 99.5% absorption. The sugar-free formula is ideal for all life stages.
Download or Subscribe: