The first Eventing Show Groom’s Quiz was a smashing success and a heck of a lot of fun! Who will win between some of the most famous grooms in America? Plus, we are joined by Hugh Lochore who has just been hired as the cross country course designer for the 2010 Red Hill Horse Trials. Learn what he has in store for this beautiful venue. Listen in…
Eventing Radio Episode 9 – Show Notes and Links:
- Check out the new pictures we took of the construction at the Kentucky Horse Park.
- Be sure to enter to win March’s Eventing Giveaway! We have two great prizes you can win and this month there is no trivia – just register to win. The first prize is a Toklat Wither Relief Pad donated by KBC Horse Supplies, the source for all your horse’s needs. The second item is a six month supply of palaMOUNTAINS Equine donated by palaMOUNTAINS, providing Nutritional Science for Animals.
- Don’t miss the Stable Scoop Radio Show that will be posted on Friday. It has the interview with Liz Halliday, the eventer and race car driver.
- Zara Phillips, granddaughter to the Queen of England, is speaking out about the venue for the 2012 Equestrian Events in England. Learn more about why so many are unhappy with the choice…
- The equestrian community is saddened to learn oft he loss of Barbara Kemp, who passed away February 23, 2009, just four days shy of her 95th birthday. For more than 75 years, Barbara, one of Canada’s leading horsewomen, has influenced equestrian sport in a number of areas. She was a competitor, judge, official, Pony Club supporter and competition organizer. Read about Barbara Kemp’s amazing life…
- Thank you palaMOUNTAINS for your support. palaMOUNTAINS Equine delivers a precise combination of vitamins and nutrients in a liquid oil emulsion. It is rich in anti-inflammatory Omega-3 fatty acids and has 99.5% absorption. The sugar-free formula is ideal for all life stages.
- The USPC Eventing Committee has just announced approval of the Eventing Grand Prix Award. USPC Preliminary Eventing riders from around the USA can win an all-expense paid trip to Ireland leaving Tuesday August 4, and returning Friday August 14, 2009 by being the first placed team at the USPC Eastern Championships 2009 to be held in Lexington, Virginia, Thursday July 23 – Saturday July 25. Although the Preliminary Division at Eastern Championships is a recognized USEA “closed” event, the scores may be used to qualify for moving-up, competing in a One Star event and/or the American Eventing Championships.
- Will Faudree’s long-time partner Antigua will officially retire from competition at the Southern Pines HT on Sunday, March 22. The 20-year-old Australian Thoroughbred (fondly known as “Brad”) will bid a fond farewell to his fans after successfully completing many CCI4* events in his long career and representing the U.S. at the Pan American and World Equestrian Games. Come out to Southern Pines to cheer on your favorite riders at the event and enjoy Brad’s retirement party!
- Thank you to Hugh Lochore for joining us to speak about his new job as the cross country course designer for the Red Hill Horse Trials.
- We thank Kentucky Performance Products for their support of the Eventing Radio Show. Neigh-Lox, the original equine antacid is recommended by veterinarians and leading horsemen as a way of maintaining a healthy stomach which reduces the risk of ulcers. Neigh-Lox can be given daily to horses exposed to stressful conditions or as needed when shipping, competing or during stall confinement.
- The first Groom’s Quiz contestants were: (Great job – a whole lot of fun!)
Download or Subscribe: