We’re counting down the days, hours and minutes until the start of the London Games and can barely contain ourselves – but to keep you occupied until they begin, we bring you not one, but two exclusive interviews this week! We talked to sole Jamaican equestrian Samantha Albert who manages to juggle being a top class athlete, a successful businesswoman and a mother of two with grace and aplomb, and to equally talented multi-tasker Emma Ford, supergroom to Phillip Dutton about what it’s like to prepare two horses for an Olympic Games . We also have a report from the North American Junior and Young Riders Championship from our spotlight rider Shannon Quigley who finished 16th in the CHI-J* after two double clears on her OTTB Don’t Be Alarmed, better known as Frank, and Gavin Makinson has a couple of handy hints in our Short Format this week – he’s an amateur eventer/actor who events his two horses from Central London, just a couple of miles away from the Olympic Equestrian venue. Listen in…
Eventing Radio Episode 206 by Bit of Britain – Show Notes and Links:
- Show Hosts: Samantha Clark, follow her on Twitter and at Eventing Nation and John Kyle. Follow John Kyle on Twitter.
- Photo: Samantha Albert at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, with permission
- Guest: Samantha Albert, follow Samantha Albert on Twitter
- Guest: Shannon Quigley
- Guest: Emma Ford or follow Dutton Eventing on Twitter
- Guest: Gavin Makinson
- Twitterers of the Week: @gjmeventing and @BBCSport_Ollie
- App of the Week: London 2012 Results App Make sure you download the RESULTS app, that’s John’s AOTW.
- Link: Listen to all the HRN shows on the Hallway Feeds iPhone App
- Link: Click here for the trial offer: www.audibletrial.com/hrn
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter or join the Eventing Radio Facebook fan page.
- Support our sponsors, they make this podcast possible!
Listen, Download or Subscribe: